Every now and then we will collect highlights from posts answered by our professionals, advice shared by users, tips shared in treatment tasks and other information relevant when dealing with the challenges ahead.
We will not reveal any personal information. Hence, all means of identification are anonymous. Should you have any tips or experiences you could share with the community, feel free to do so.
ALLEVIATING THE BITTER TASTE THAT FOLLOWS CHEMOTHERAPY:
- Eating a green apple
- Chewing ice chips opsicles, mints and sweets
- Sucking on pineapple
- Drinking cold sparkling water.
HOW TO TREAT AND PREVENT DRY SCALP:
- Massage your scalp (and face) with coconut oil right after you shower.
- Alternatively use your face cream to hydrate the skin on your scalp.
SOOTHING ORAL LESIONS THAT FOLLOW CHEMO:
- Rub the lesion with raw tahini
- Gargle salt water after every meal
- Gargle water with a table spoon of baking soda and lemon.
BOOSTING YOUR ENERGY AND MAINTAINING A NORMAL BLOOD COUNT:
- Mix a healthy shake! Use ingredients like wheatgrass, fresh fruit and veggies.
- One recommended combination – beets, carrots, apples, oranges and some honey.
- If you’re a meat eater, you can eat chicken liver.
- Either way, physical activity is highly recommended.
Please note that all tips shared are based on personal experience they could be helpful to some and not to others and should not be considered as medical advice.
That is just the tip of the iceberg. If you want to get more information and tips or share your suggestions and advice, download the Belong Cancer App. Join our social and professional communities today.
This content is provided for your general education and information only. It does not necessarily reflect Belong’s views and opinions. Belong does not endorse or support any specific product, service, or treatment.